The will of creating an art museum in A Coruña rose at the end of 19th century. However, the museum was not established until 1922 and opened for the general public until 1947. After several temporary emplacements, in 1995 was opened the present new building - designed by the Galician architect Manuel Gallego Jorreto. Located in the old plot of the Capuchin Sisters Convent, the new building is born from the old construction made by Fernando Casas y Novoa in 18th century.
Zalaeta, nº s/n 15002 A Coruña (A Coruña)
Museo de Belas Artes da Coruña (Wikipedia)