The museum was created in 1917 by the Pro-Mount Society. At first the association would use an establishment in the town of A Guarda. In 1953 the museum was moved to the current building, at the fort hill site on top of Santa Tegra hill.
Monte Santa Tegra
36780 A Guarda
Cumio do Monte Santa Trega 36780 A Guarda (Pontevedra)